|University||University of Auckland (UOA)|
A cloud-based platform “Shop Online” is a small business that sells its products worldwide online, like Amazon or Alibaba. As a part of the software, you are required to partially develop a Stock Management program to help them boost their sales using the Python programming language.
The Stock Management program must store and manage products listed for sale. It must store each product with at least five attributes such as code, name, price, and quantity at hand as well as description, size, and color of a product depending on your chosen product.
The program must store two attributes: the code and quantity of each product along with other attributes. As code is the unique identifier, the program ensures that each product is stored with a unique code value. The program will only accept the quantity of a new product between 10 and 50 to make sure there are enough quantities available of a product for sale and also, they are not overstock as well.
Three of your selected products and their attributes should be stored in lists.
Your program must include the following functions:
Create a function addProduct() that reads and stores product information into lists. This function should allow a user to add as many products as they want to add for sale. For example, the screenshot below is to add a Book with five attributes: code, category, title, price, and quantity.
This function must show an error message if a user wants to add a new product with an existing code value. For example, the screenshot below shows an error message when a user tries to add a new product with existing code 12345.
This function must validate quantity value before accepting a new product. For example, the screenshot below shows an error message when a user tries to add a new book record with quantity value 8.
This function should allow the user to enter multiple products.
In the same program, declare another function and call it to check product() to check if a product exists or not. It should receive an input argument (code) and return a Boolean (True or False) value. It should return true if it finds an existing product with the given code otherwise should return false.
In the same program declare another function and call it searchProduct() to search a product by code. This function should receive an input argument (code) and it should use the check product function to ensure the product code exists before displaying the details of the product matching the given product code. For example, the screenshot below is to search a Book by code.
In quest for a professional assignment help?
Flexible rates compatible with everyone’s budget
This function should continuously display an error message if a user tries to search for a product with the wrong code. For example, the screenshot below is showing an error message when a user searches a book record with the wrong code value.
In the same program declare another function and call it to update product() to update a product. This function should receive an input argument (code) to check if the product code exists before allowing any update.
As the code is a read-only value, this function should not allow the user to update the code value.
For example, the screenshot below is to update a Book product.
In the same program declare another function and call it a “byproduct” that will be called when a customer wants to buy a product from the store. This function must receive two arguments: code and quantity. The function should validate the product code using the check product function and should validate the quantity values before accepting them to calculate the total price.
The total price (quantity * price of the product) will include Goods and Services Tax (GST) amount as well where the GST rate is 15% of the total price. As businesses want to increase the sale of their products, they offer the following discount on full GST inclusive price:
|10% discount||When a customer buys between 10 and 20 quantities of products (including the 10 but less than 20).|
|20% discount||When a customer buys between 20 and 30 quantities of products (inclusive).|
|30% discount||When a customer buys more than 30 quantities of a products|
After a customer buys a product, its quantity value must be updated to reflect the actual number of product quantities available for sale.
The below screenshot is to buy a book product.
Hire first-class university assignment help on Python Coding. We have a group of talented assignment authors who have many years of knowledge in coding and authentic assignment solutions that write assignment for programming assignments at an affordable price
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- LAW 131: The Following facts Have Been Obtained From our Client, Dynamo, and I Seek your Legal Opinion as to the Likely Outcome: Legal Method Assignment, UOA
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of management and organizational theories as well as management styles: Social Service Management Essay, MU, New Zealand
- INTBUS 305 : After the Covid Wars, the South Island of New Zealand broke away from its northern neighbor and declared independence: Governing International Business Case Study, UOA, New Zealand
- Kylie is a 28-year-old Woman who was Admitted Informally to the Ward Following an Apparent Suicide Attempt: Nursing Case Study, WIIT, New Zealand
- Biomedical Applications of Induced Pluripotent stem Cells: Biology Essay, UOA, New Zealand
- FSC521: Describe financial markets and systems, including the specific roles of key market participants: The Financial Services Industry Assignment, OP, New Zealand
- 71120: Explain the Meaning of Scarcity and Choice in Economic decision-making and the Nature of the Economic Problem Understand and Evaluate the Underlying Assumptions of Economic Models: The Economic Environment Assignment, OP, New Zealand
- LAWS468: Jack and John are University Friends and Decide to go into Business in Auckland after Leaving University They start a Home Maintenance Business: Advanced Company Law Assignment, UO, New Zealand
- The Number of People living with Complex Health care Needs is Growing Though the treatment for Chronic conditions has Improved and People’s life: Nursing Essay, UOA, New Zealand
- On 5th November 1881, The peaceful Māori Settlement of Parihaka was Stormed and Ransacked by 1600 New Zealand Armed: Psychology Essay, UOA, New Zealand