|University||University of Auckland (UOA)|
|Subject||INTBUS 305 : Governing International Business|
Read the following paragraph before attempting the questions below. You have 60 minutes to complete the test. Type your answers below the questions in the text box – you can drag to enlarge the box if required.
Case – Southatania and Butterup
After the Covid Wars, the South Island of New Zealand broke away from its northern neighbor and declared independence. Now renamed Southitania, it is engaged in the complicated process of setting itself up as a sovereign state, with its new capital in Dunedin. The new country is democratic, and, for now, retains the laws that applied before independence. As it is no longer part of New Zealand, Southitaniais busy trying to negotiate new free trade agreements with its major export markets. The US, Canada, UK, and EU have acknowledgedSouthitania as independent states, but China, Russia, and Turkey are reluctant to do so.
At its HQ in Auckland, Buttercup Dairy Ltd is in a bit of a panic. Buttercup is one of New Zealand’s and Southitania’s, major exporters. It finds itself the largest dairy producer in Southitania, where it has hundreds of millions of dollars worth of assets in the form of farms, dairy processing factories, and milk transportation assets. However, Butterup’s CEO has no idea what sort of conditions it will face in the new nation-state. Early indications are not good, as Southitania regards New Zealand with considerable hostility. Trade between the two countries is currently impossible, and relations between them may take years to normalize.
Questions on the following pages.
Southitania’s new Minister of Business with Foreigners has asked Angus, the CEO of Buttercup,to fly down to Dunedin from the company’s HQ in Auckland. She wants a meeting to discuss Butterup’stenure in Southitania. Angus needs advice: what might the new government demand, and is Buttercup in a strong position to resist renegotiation efforts by Southitania?
Annabelle, Butterup’s PR manager, has an interesting idea. Maybe the NZ company should be being proactive in the development of stringent new laws regarding animal safety and environmental protection in Southitania, including the world’s harshest fines for regulatory breaches. Angus can’t believe what he’s hearing – how could this be to the company’s advantage? Can you explain Annabelle’s logic?
Southitania’s navy continues to harass New Zealand’s fishing boats in the Southern Ocean and has placed restrictions on the movement of people between the countries. Last week, the Prime Minister of New Zealand announced her intention to ‘increase pressure’ onSouthitaniato end these antagonisms. Yesterday, she sent officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to study Butterup’s internal records to “understand its operations” in Southitania. Daisy, Butterup’s international affairs analyst, is nervous. “Don’t be a daft pudding,” says Angus, “this is none of our business”. What might Daisy fear?
Before the wars, Butterup’s research center in Canterbury bred genetically modified cows to produce low-lactose milk for Asian markets. Buttercup can’t move these cows to New Zealand, so must farm them inSouthitania. It needs approval from the Ministry of Cows and Milk, but the Minister is a dairy farmer and a major shareholder in a specialty cheese company. Buttercup’s CEOworries the Minister will refuse. Florence, Butterup’s Head of International Operations, consults her INT BUS 305 readings on political strategy.“Actually, this could work very nicely for us,” she claims. The CEO is puzzled. Can you elaborate on Florence’s thinking?
Buy Custom Assignment & Homework Solutions
Pay to NZ Native Writers | Cheap Cost & Plag Free
NZ Assignment Help offers top-class online case study help on INTBUS 305: Governing International Business. We have acquired professional case study writers from reputed institutions. Our writers have the ability to provide authentic case study solutions on a business assignment. Our case study writers are available 24 hours to dissolve your doubt on any subject at a discounted price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Write about my holistic needs and how they have supported me to achieve my goals and aspirations: Health and wellbeing level-3, Assignment, OP, New Zealand
- HLTH6001: How do the socio-political and cultural determinants impact on the health of individual, whanau/family, organizations and communities :Primary Health Care, Essay, NZSE, New Zealand
- Write a research review on a range of natural health treatments, for chronic stress: Natural Medicine Therapeutics, Research, SPC, New Zealand
- Write a report on waste management in relation to Massey University: science and sustainability, Assignment, MU, New Zealand
- You are required to compete and report on a streamlined comparative LCA: Fundamental Engineering economics and management, Report, VUW, New Zealand
- China Mobile Limited was first incorporated in September 1997 in Hong Kong: Management, Assignment, MU, New Zealand
- How artificial intelligence is impacting journalism: Journalism, Essay, UC, New Zealand
- 28990: Describe leadership principles and qualities in a health or wellbeing setting, Advanced support Level 4 in healthcare, Assignment, NZTC, New Zealand
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the financial sector to provide financial advice solution: Core v2, Assignment, New Zealand
- CSTU5167:Explore the role of social structures, social institutions, and social systems including: whanau, hap and iwi, family, education, media, politics: Bachelor of Social Practice, Assignment, UOT, New Zealand