|University||University Of Canterbury (UC)|
|Subject||Early Childhood Education|
Alex is a 32-year-old ECE teacher. She’s been working in ECE for 10 years and is well respected at her center. The children love her and her colleagues admire the way she is always willing to do extra to engage the children.
Recently. a two-year-old boy named %keine, covered himself completely in the paint during a potato printing session. Alex and the other teacher supervising the activity agreed that the boy would need a shower to get cleaned up. As there were seven other children who were still printing.
it was agreed that Alex would take Mikaere to the shower while the other teacher would supervise the remaining children. So that’s what Alex did.
After the shower. Alex returned Mikaere to the supervision of her colleague where he happily sat and ate afternoon tea with the other children When the boy’s mother heard what had happened. she was horrified that a teacher had showered her son without another adult around.
Stuck! Do not Know Assessment Answers?
Hire NZ Native Experts 24/7.
While she made her concerns known to the teachers at the time. she then went home and posted a very angry post on Facebook where she named both the center and Alex. Some of Alex’s friends saw the post and told Alex about it. Alex was mortified and. as the post was shared publicly. she attempted to explain the situation on the parent’s Facebook page.
The exchange became extremely heated. The situation was further inflamed by a comment noting that some of the teachers at the center did not pronounce Mikaere’s name correctly. Several, parents weighed in with remarks criticizing the center’s lack of cultural
a. Identify at least one statutory or regulatory requirement and one professional requirement that underpin the Standard you have chosen and explain how these requirements inform this Standard
b. Explain how the standard you have chosen connects with each of the four commitments in the Code for Professional Responsibility.
c. Being a teacher in Aotearoa New Zealand requires engaging in professional, respectful, and collaborative relationships.
Buy Custom Assignment & Homework Solutions
Pay to NZ Native Writers | Cheap Cost & Plag Free
Critically discuss how you intend to do this in your practice by
• describing the specific actions you will take to engage in professional, respectful, and collaborative relationships
• explaining how these actions will contribute to your meeting the Standards for the Teaching Profession
• referring to at least two key sources of guidance (in addition to Our Code Our Standards- Code of Professional Responsibility and Standards for the Teaching Profession) to support your discussion.
Part 2: Teaching practice case study
Read the Case Study relating to your sector and complete the tasks that for
a. Using the Aotearoa New Zealand Code of Professional Responsibility: Examples in Practice (as cited in your course materials), identify three key issues this case study raises in relation to specific commitments from the code. Consider both the immediate issues as well as potential issues and risks.
b. Discuss the teacher’s perspective on the issues you have identified and a possible justification for the teacher’s actions.
c. Discuss different ways the teacher’s actions could be perceived by others (consider learners. whanau. society. the teaching profession and government agencies such as the Ministry of Education).
d. Recommend responses or actions that would lead to a positive outcome. including measures, the teacher could have taken to prevent the situation from occurring in the first place. Reference key sources of guidance to support your recommendation such as legislation. professional standards and guidelines.
In quest for a professional assignment help?
Flexible rates compatible with everyone’s budget
Get university assignment help on Early Childhood Education in New Zealand. Here are well-educated assignment experts who serve you the best services like assignment help, online help, essay writing help. They give you excellent education assignments with plagiarism-free and error-free.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- LAW 131: The Following facts Have Been Obtained From our Client, Dynamo, and I Seek your Legal Opinion as to the Likely Outcome: Legal Method Assignment, UOA
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of management and organizational theories as well as management styles: Social Service Management Essay, MU, New Zealand
- INTBUS 305 : After the Covid Wars, the South Island of New Zealand broke away from its northern neighbor and declared independence: Governing International Business Case Study, UOA, New Zealand
- Kylie is a 28-year-old Woman who was Admitted Informally to the Ward Following an Apparent Suicide Attempt: Nursing Case Study, WIIT, New Zealand
- Biomedical Applications of Induced Pluripotent stem Cells: Biology Essay, UOA, New Zealand
- FSC521: Describe financial markets and systems, including the specific roles of key market participants: The Financial Services Industry Assignment, OP, New Zealand
- 71120: Explain the Meaning of Scarcity and Choice in Economic decision-making and the Nature of the Economic Problem Understand and Evaluate the Underlying Assumptions of Economic Models: The Economic Environment Assignment, OP, New Zealand
- LAWS468: Jack and John are University Friends and Decide to go into Business in Auckland after Leaving University They start a Home Maintenance Business: Advanced Company Law Assignment, UO, New Zealand
- The Number of People living with Complex Health care Needs is Growing Though the treatment for Chronic conditions has Improved and People’s life: Nursing Essay, UOA, New Zealand
- On 5th November 1881, The peaceful Māori Settlement of Parihaka was Stormed and Ransacked by 1600 New Zealand Armed: Psychology Essay, UOA, New Zealand